Do You Suffer From Any Of The Following:
food cravings irritability
skin rashes constipation
hot flashes diarrhea
digestive bloating dark circles under eyes
sleep issues anxiety
If you answered yes to any of the above, then you most likely have an imbalance in one of the major systems of your body. Mark practices Functional Diagnostic Nutrition (FDN) which is a type of detective work that seeks to identify the underlying causes of “dis”ease instead of treating symptoms. Using functional lab work, Mark identifies malfunctions in the Digestive, Detoxification, Hormonal, Immune and Intestinal Barrier systems of the body. He then engages each client in a health building process using the proven and professional protocols in the DRESS for Health Success Program developed by FDN founder Reed Davis.
Dress for Health Success is as follows:
1. Diet: Eating of foods that are not processed. Eating organic fruits and veggies when possible. Eating in a manner which results in stable blood sugar levels in order to maximize energy. Eating of hormone/antibiotic free , pastured based meats when possible.
2. Rest: Sleep is a necessity if you want to get well. It is that simple. Poor sleep can create an imbalance in one’s circadian rhythm. Therefore, it is suggested to get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep per night. Optimal sleep times are from 10 or 10:30 pm until 6 or 6:30 am.
3. Exercise: Too much exercise can be more detrimental than too little exercise for some individuals. Determining the appropriate amount and kind of exercise is paramount for one to heal properly.
4. Stress Reduction: The FDN approach primarily focuses on internal stressors. Examples of internal stressors are parasitic infections, food sensitivities, heavy metal toxicity, leaky gut syndrome and adrenal fatigue to name a few. Through proper lab testing these issues can be identified and properly dealt with.
5. Supplementation: This is where most people get it wrong. They want to take a pill to fix all aspects of their lifestyle. Supplementation is last on this list because if you don’t work on the above items, it is hard for the supplements to be effective. With that being said, appropriate supplementation can be a very valuable tool in becoming well again.
Most common tests offered are:
1. BioHealth 205: Adrenal Stress Profile: Salivary test including 4 cortisol readings, 2 DHEA , Testosterone, Estradiol, Estriol, Progesterone and Melatonin
2. BioHealth 101: Metabolic Assessment Profile: Single urine sample that evaluates the health of the liver and detoxification capacity, as well as the ability to digest proteins. It also measures oxidative stress and free radical damage.
3. BioHealth 304: Intestinal Barrier Assessment: Convenient salivary test that will reveal the integrity of the mucosal barrier that lines your intestines. The mucosal barrier is your first line immune system defense. A great tool to evaluate if leaky gut is present.
4. BioHealth 401H: GI Pathogen Screen: Stool test for parasites and harmful bacteria such as H. Pylori. These infections will inflame your intestines and cause stress on you brain and adrenals 24/7 while robbing you of nutrition.
5. Mediator Release Test (MRT): Blood Test for food and food chemical sensitivities which are underlying causes of inflammation and symptoms in many chronic inflammatory conditions. Very helpful for people with leaky gut, arthritis and fibromyalgia.
6. Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA): Hair test that is very economical and accurate in assessing your mineral levels and also toxic metal levels present in your body.